July 12, 2012

Keeping it positive, because there's no good reason not to

The Everygirl has become my inspirational mecca ever since it launched this past February. This site couldn't have come into my life at any better time. Senior year was full of ups and downs and left me (and so many girlfriends) in a scramble. Career Features are my must reads-- most recently interviewed and my favorite thus far was Skirt PR. I'm still trying to find where I fit in the career world, but The Everygirl shows you that its okay not to know and that if you work hard everything will fall into place.


I absolutely love reading the advice each woman gives to her 23 year-old self, because it feels like their speaking right to you and understand all of the things you're experiencing (good and bad). I strongly recommend every girl take a look and find an article that feels like it was written for you--I guarantee there's at least one. Below are my favorite quotes from the Skirt PR interview.

 "Live in the moment. Life will pass you by and before you know it, you’ll be closer to 30 than 20. Cherish your life and don’t take it for granted."

"To have more confidence in my abilities. I spent the first five years of my career with heart palpitations and numb legs from all the pressure I put on myself. But very rarely, if ever, did I drop the ball. Also, try to find a balance in life and compartmentalize work and play. You’ll work your hardest when you’re young, but if you are enjoying life, your work will be so much more inspired. There’s no reason to e-mail clients at 1 a.m. every night or toss and turn at night about an event that’s months away."

"Never take “no” for an answer."

"Become as indispensable as possible"

No comments:

Post a Comment